søndag 9. oktober 2011

Back from RYLA island

Hey!

I spent the last week on "RYLA Island”. It was a Rotary program where young adults could learn about leadership. To be honest: during the first couple of days, I never though I would make it through the rest of the week. So many things have happened throughout the last three months, and I think my mind at this stage had reached a point where it was full, if that makes sense. In Norwegian we would say: "Det var den siste dråpen som fikk glasset til å renne over!" In the end I'm glad that I finished the course. I have got a new point of view on many opinions, learned a lot about myself and made many new friends. Thanks a lot to my sponsoring Rotary club!

Just a quick overview:
We had to listen to a lot of different guest speakers, had a self defence course, but we also spent a day at Mayona Bay where we did some climbing ++. 


We had to organise different activities like the Mini-Olympics, RYLA's got talent (concert night) and of course the Graduation Dinner on Thursday night. 



We had a bush dance evening where I also learned the Nutbush, obviously the Australian version of Macarena, and how to crack an Australian wood whip! :D




The holidays have now come to an end, and I have to go back to school tomorrow. Aaaand *drum-roll* I'm no longer in year 11, but in 12! I'm also looking forward to meet my schoolmates again! :D

I went to Newcastle with Adrian today where we had an amazing lunch at ----. We had a huge fishplate, which originally was meant for one person. It was definitely enough for two. I had my life's second oyster, and hopefully it was the last one (a). We also went to the movies and watched "Crazy, stupid, love." Not a bad movie actually!

- Beccy

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar