mandag 26. september 2011

The year of our lives!


I'm not sure if I should say that I already or just have been in Australia 10 weeks and 3 days. I have had such a great time, met so many new and lovely folks, and probably also learned heaps of new things! Some of you may wonder why I am writing in English. Well, first of all since I went on a orientation camp with the other exchange students this weekend and some of them wanted to read this, and secondly since I have started to fail in Norwegian. 


Something unique with the Rotary Youth Exchange Program is that they try to get the students together as often as possible. Both, inbounds (visitors in the country) and outbounds (leaving the country). Therefore we all got together this weekend. It seems like everyone has a wonderful time since we all rated our experience between 8 and 9 out of 10. 

Inbound students


As mentioned, we got to meet the outbound students, and could tell them something about the countries they will visit.Those who are going to Scandinavia are really exited about snow, and wondered if they should buy winter clothes here or wait. We all told them not to buy them here since the Australian winter clothes would be like "late-summer-clothes" in Norway/Sweden/Finland. In the evening a local band played, and we got kind of a "Bush Dance lesson". It was a lot of fun, but we all were quite tired after three hours of dancing! Sarah, a rotex student (returned exchange student), went to Norway last year, and her norwegian was still really good! It actually scared me that I had problems with speaking norwegian myself O.o


My blazer so far

We didn't get much sleep, but as we were told: Exchange students sleep during the day, and not at night! And for those of you who haven’t learned the 4 improved D-rules yet: No driving, drinking, drugs or dating. Do it. Do it right. Don't get caught. Do it again

My last week: I finally finished year 11, which also means that I survived all my exams. After the last one on wednesday, I went to the beach in Newcastle together with Joackim, Will, Luc and Richard. We also had a look in a few shops, and believe it or not, they actually have 11XL sizes here. They look like tents, and you could mostly use them as it too.

How nice to find this on my seat at school


I went to a concert of Bryan Adams in Newcastle on Thursday.We couldn't take any pictures though, but it was an amazing concert! On friday, my school friends got together to celebrate their last day in year 11, and I was invited too. It was such a great evening!

- Beccy

Ps. Bananas are getting cheaper again. Just 8.90 $ a kilo!

1 kommentar:

  1. Jeg sendte lappen fra Norge og fikk noen til å legge den på stolen din, suprise!!

    SvarSlett