torsdag 5. januar 2012

Happy New Year!

Hi guys! Happy New Year!
I’m a bit behind with my updates because my holidays are fairly busy at the moment. Well, lets start with ”Romjula”. My first host family took me to the Gold- and Sunshine Coast for a few days. It took us about 9 hours to drive up, not including the stopovers. For instance we had a stop at Byron Bay.  A place that has turned out to become one of my favourites here!
We had a look around the area, and also visited a cute little village called Montville with all these little shops along the street. You know, the shops with the stuff you don’t need, but could come in handy.


The beaches were beautiful, of course – never-ending sandbanks. The water temperature was about 25.
We spent New Years Eve back at the Gold Coast after a two-hour trip back from the Sunshine Coast. Surfers Paradise +++++++ In the evening we had a five course dinner at ”Glass”, a beautiful restaurant. It was a GREAT night.

We also visited the Big Banana, The Big Pineapple and saw lots off other big fruit. Hihi
I spent the last two days in Newcastle with some other exchange students. We went ice-skating on Tuesday afternoon. Definitely the first time I’ve done it in a skirt and singlet! But still a bit funny to see people ice-skate in tiny little shorts.
After a short night, we all went to the lake. A great, and sunny day (some more sunscreen could have been useful)! I tried water skiing. Well, I might stay to normal skiing in snow… Still good fun! After a hot day it was surprising that it suddenly started to hail, even though it only lasted for a few minutes.


- Beccy

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar